Abu Dhabi City-Capital of the United Arab EmiratesAbu Dhabi is one of the most modern cities in the world.It is the center of government and business life in the UAE, headquarters of the emirates oil operating companies and embassies are based here.
Abu Dhabi Tourism is developed by Abu Dhabi National Hotels Company (ADNH). It's Tourism Division, Sunshine Tours - a Destination Management Company -takes care of all aspects of tourism from promoting the destination Abu Dhabi at international travel industry exhibitions to handling all ground services and offering a wide range of excursions such as desert safaris, cultural trips, city tours, shopping trips and water activities. Furthermore Sunshine Tours strongly supports the preservation of culture and heritage of Abu Dhabi Emirate. Part of this philosophy is their brand new Heritage Village in Ai Khatem, which is one of its kind in the UAE. Abu Dhabi with its luxury hotels, palm-fringed sandy beaches, safe environment, extensive greenery and its surrounding 200 islands has become an ideal destination for conferences and incentive groups.
Here are the most popular of Abu Dhabi's tourism attractions:
Parks and Gardens, Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi has over 20 public gardens, together with hundreds of miles well-laid roads. Abu Dhabi is known as "The Garden City of the Gulf' and has turned the capital into a huge blooming garden, which invites to relax from the hustle and bustle of the
AI Ain Museum
- The Eastern Fort of AI Ain, built in 1910 was converted into AI Ain museum in the late 1970s. It houses collections of archeological finds made in AI Ain area, together with a variety of official gifts presented to the President H.H. Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan AI Nahayyan. There are several life-size exhibits of bedu life, displaying clothes, utensils and recreational objects.
AI Ain Camel Market
- The only one of it's kind in the UAE, where both common and race bred camels are bargained over with a great deal of fervor. A unique and important place to visit.
- Famously known as the start of the Empty Quarter -the Rub AI Khali Desert. The Uwa dunes are the pedect location for the latest sport in the UAE-sand skiing. The adventurous can try their luck at sand skiing, dune bashing and high speed pursuits down the
larger dunes with all the traditional equipment. A safari in the san~ is a memorable experience. The visitor will come across wild camels, traditional Bedouin settlements, irrigated green forest and huge agricultural areas.
Qattarah Oasis, AI Ain
- This is a beautiful, small wooded oasis on the edge of AI Ain,
which has long history of human habitation with some nearby archeological sites. It has preserved its falaj irrigation system, which is active until today. Abundant date palms and fruit gardens provide a stark contrast to the surrounding desert.